We had another prenatal appointment last week. The technician did an anatomy scan and we found out the gender of our baby!
We didn’t do a gender reveal party, but I created this Old Wives’ Tales graphic and posted it on Facebook. It was interesting how close the tallies were between boy and girl! (You can download a generic version of the Old Wives’ Tales Chart in my Etsy shop.)
I don’t believe any of these are actually telling about baby’s gender. Even though I haven’t had any nausea, David’s mom was sick the entire time for each of her five boys. My mom craved orange juice with my brothers. I will admit I tried the baking soda test, and that one happened to be accurate. I attempted to use the Ramzi Theory with photos from my earliest ultrasound, but it was after the fact and I wasn’t sure about the angle.
David guessed boy, because that’s what he knows with four brothers. I guessed girl, but really had no clue.
We found out we’re having a…
Girl!!! She’ll be the first girl grandchild on my side and the third grandgirl on David’s side.
Everything is looking healthy. She measured a little small at the anatomy scan, but still within normal range. In the last week, I’ve felt a LOT of movement! David has also felt kicks with his hand on my stomach.
And because why not, here’s a survey:
- How far along? 20 weeks
- Total weight gain: 5.8 pounds
- Gender: Girl!
- Name? We think we’ve chosen a first name, but won’t share until after she’s arrived.
- Sleep: I’ve been sleeping through the night, but it’s hard to get comfortable! I’m using three pillows at the moment.
- Exercise: I count the fact that I walk a lot here as exercise. I try to do a yoga video a couple times a week.
- Best moment this week: Hearing that baby girl is doing well and sharing the gender with our family.
- Movement: YES! Finally! Lots of movement and the occasional jab here and there.
- Symptoms: Maybe a little fatigue, but overall feeling great. Lots of trips to the bathroom.
- Food cravings: Fruit, juice, smoothies.
- Food aversions: No real aversions.
- Maternity clothes: I’ve used a belly band a handful of times with a pair of jeans. So far, I’ve gotten away with stretchy pants, skirts, and dresses. I have a feeling that I’ll soon be needing to use some of my official maternity wear!
- What I miss: I feel very fortunate and at the risk of complaining – lying on my stomach to do computer work and coffee drinks. (Even though I’m not a coffee addict, there’s something comforting about a warm cup. Fortunately, there’s no Pumpkin Spice lattes in Korea to tempt me this fall. Unfortunately, they don’t sell decaf here either.)
- Belly button in or out? Still in… but it’s more open?
- Stretch marks? Nothing major that I can tell yet. I should probably start moisturizing though.
- Milestones: We’re at the halfway point as of this past Monday!
Keep growing, Baby Girl!